Sunday, May 28, 2006

Invisibility Cloak

I made this as an entry to Amit's post, among my favorite bloggers (Amit...not the post :-) ) in the Indian blogosphere! So, here goes...

Invisibility Cloak and the top five things that I would do with it, if I got the chance:

5. Get into flights and visit countries - what better ways to get into exotic countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran,... without a visa or a hefty insurance premium! I always wanted to visit them, but without any significant damage to life and limb!

4. Understand the decision making process of most ministers in our country - I always wondered what kind of thinking goes behind a policy decision. For example, Did Arjun Singh say, "Hmmm...let us see how to improve the plight of the OBC section of the country?" OR did he say, "Hmmm...how do I get back at Sonia for not making ME the PM?" Is there any better way to observe the men in action?

3. Attend all the film screenings that are made for the Indian Censor board - After all, that seems to be the only way I can watch a movie in India nowadays, without scenes being deleted or without any disclaimers being put up in the beginning of the movie.

2. Attend the meetings between heads of states - What kind of small talk happens between Manmohan Singh and Gen Musharraf when they meet up and the TV cameras have been switched off and the doors are closed? Does Manmohan say - "Haan Miya Mush, so what did you think about the shameful performance of the Indian cricket team? and ohh by the way, when are you shutting off the training camps?"

1. Re-stitch the invisibility cloak into an invisibility jump-suit - I think it will be pretty uncomfortable hiding inside a cloak, doing all the above. I will get it converted into a jump-suit - easier to wear and more comfortable to sneak around people.

No comments: